Condition Rating Guide
At golfclubs4cash you can be sure that we have carefully cast our expert eye over every single used golf club that comes through our premises. It’s really important to us that we supply honest and genuine descriptions of each used golf club we sell, so we take a lot of time and care over each club condition appraisal before it’s put up for sale.
So, how do we rate the condition of our used golf clubs? Our customers deserve to know exactly what they’re getting when they buy second-hand golf clubs from us, and they rely on our expertise to correctly rate the club and provide a detailed description of its condition.
Check out this condition rating guide to help you decide on the perfect club for you. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see example images of ‘as new’, ‘excellent’, ‘good’ and ‘fair’ golf clubs.
Drivers, fairways, hybrids, irons, putters and wedges
Whether it’s second-hand drivers, fairways, hybrids, irons, putters or wedges, each used golf club is carefully checked against our condition rating guide for signs of wear and tear. We’ll check the shaft, head and grips and each description will have a 100% honest condition appraisal so you know what you’re getting, every time.
Here’s how we grade the condition of each club we sell:
- As New - these little beauties have never hit a golf ball, and may or may not even come still wrapped in their original packaging. The shaft and grip may also have their original wrapping. All the benefits of a brand new golf club, without the price tag!
- Excellent - only the lightest of usage marks can be seen - used for a couple of rounds at most. The clubs we rate as ‘excellent’ are a complete bargain, have barely seen any action on the course and feel as good as new in your hands.
- Good - clubs that we class as ‘good’ have absolutely no damage, and only minimal marks to the top line, if any at all. Any marks are purely cosmetic and won’t affect your game. You’ll probably spot play marks on the face and sole, but it’s a club that’s been well looked after and has plenty of years’ life left in it. Steel shafts might have minimal marking and slight cosmetic damage, but absolutely no rust, and graphite shafts may show light scratching and wear to the graphics, but there’ll be no sign of bag rub. Grips will always be in good condition with no wear marks.
- Fair - perhaps there’ll be some cosmetic wear here and there, but a club in ‘fair’ condition will still be in good condition and playable. You’ll spot the odd mark on the topline, head and crown but there’ll be plenty of life left in it. Likewise, the shaft will be in good order but with signs of some cosmetic wear. Steel shafts might have minor marks or rust spots and graphite shafts could have a touch of bag wear. The grip will be in good usable order, but there’ll be a few signs of wear and could have lost some tackiness, but they’re easy enough to replace. If you’re looking for a bargain and you’re not bothered about the aesthetics of the club, this could be the one for you.
- Poor - still playable, but there’ll be some heavy signs of use and wear to the face. The shaft could have some pitting or heavy rust spots and graphite shafts may show heavy bag wear. And the head could have some heavy chips/dings. The grips might have depression marks, and possibly even a split or tear so will need replacing in the near future. It may be in poor condition, but there could be some things you could do to prolong the life of the club (therefore keeping it out of landfill which is better for the planet!).
In addition to the rating as outlined above, any of the following issues will be clearly noted in the ‘Description’ box, but if you have any questions feel free to give us a call.
- Missing ferrules
- Missing brand badge
- Missing weights
- Resprayed paintwork
- Iron sets with non-matching shafts
- Incomplete sets
When you buy with golfclubs4cash, you can do so with complete confidence that every single piece of used golf equipment we sell has been carefully appraised according to this condition rating guide.
That’s just one of the reasons why we have attracted more than 30,000 5-star reviews on TrustPilot - and why our customers keep coming back to us and recommending us to their friends.
And of course, if you’re not 100% happy with the club, we have a comprehensive returns policy to protect you.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get shopping for your new-to-you golf club right now!
Our customers find it helpful to see some example images of golf clubs of all conditions, so they always know exactly what they’re getting. Check them out below.